Frangollo, a typical Canarian dessert that contains millet flour, almonds, lemon zest and raisins! You will love this one...
1. Pour the milk in a medium saucepan. Also add the butter, sugar, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
2. Place the pan over medium-low heat until it simmers lightly. Warm the milk for about 10 minutes. Stir regularly until the sugar and butter have dissolved Let the milk and other ingredients infuse. You really want that lemon rind to flavor the milk. Then remove the lemon rind and add the frangollo flour.
3. Turn the heat to medium-high and stir well until the flour has dissolved into the milk. Quickly stir in the egg yolk.
4. Also add the chopped raisins and almond meal.
5. Give the frangollo a very good stir. Then turn the heat lower, cover the pan and let the frangollo cook and thicken for about 8 to 10 minutes or until it is nice and thick. Stir regularly, make sure the bottom doesn’t burn. Once the frangollo is thick and silky, pour it into small glasses or ramekins. Serve lukewarm or let it cool down fully. Sprinkle with toasted almonds, extra raisins and a pinch of cinnamon.