1) Fill a saucepan with water and place it over high heat until boiling. Make a little cross incision in the tomato. Then add the tomato to the boiling water. Let it poach for10 seconds max.
2) Then immediately remove the tomato and refresh it under cold running tap water. Then peel de tomato. Chop it into 4 bits and remove the seeds inside. Chop up the tomato flesh.
3) Pour a little olive oil in a small pan and add the freshly chopped tomato. Season with a little pepper and salt. Stir and fry the tomato for a couple of minutes until it is soft and has fallen apart. You should end up with a paste.
4) Then take the pan off the heat and let the tomato cool a little. In the meantime grill or toast the bread. Then rub the slices with a little raw garlic.
5) Spread the tomato paste on top. Garnish the sliced bread with the cured ham and the mozzarella. Sprinkle with a little pepper. Then grill the crostini for another couple of minutes until the mozzarella has kind of melted.
6) Serve these crostini as an appetizer or a creative lunch!