A classic with a twist: tomato bruschetta crostini with brie!
1) Rinse and clean the tomatoes. You can remove the skins if you like (poach the tomatoes in some hot water for a couple of seconds) but that is optional. Chop them in quarters and remove the seeds inside. Then slice the tomato up into thin strips and finely dice these strips up once more.
2) Add the diced tomato to a large mixing bowl. Rinse the fresh basil and drain it on a clean kitchen towel. Then chop the basil up and add it to the diced tomato in the mixing bowl.
3) Put the French bread or ciabatta slices on a large oven tray and grill them for 2 minutes until a little crisp. Remove the tray from the grill and rub the crispy bread lightly with the peeled garlic clove on one side
4) Top with the sliced brie and sprinkle with a little pepper.
5) Slice the salami in half and put them on top of the brie.
6) Put the tray back into the oven and bake the brie toasts under a hot grill for a couple of minutes again, now until the brie is gooey and starts to melt. Take the tray back out, place the brie toasts on a clean serving plate and garnish with the freshly made tomato bruschetta.
7) Drizzle with extra good quality olive oil and a last sprinkle of pepper and salt. Serve immediately before the toasts turn soggy.