Oven baked bread in mushroom cream sauce with reblochon cheese!
1) Lightly toast or grill the slices of bread for a minute Peel the garlic clove and lightly rub the grilled bread with it.
2) Brush the mushrooms and trim them. Slice the mushrooms up. Add them to a large saucepan together with the fresh thyme leaves, the white wine, the cream and a good dash of pepper and salt.
3) Place the pan over medium heat and bring the mushrooms and cream to a light simmer. Let the mixture simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir regularly. In the end check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Then take the pan off the heat.
4) Pour the creamy mushroom mixture in a large baking dish or two smaller ramekins or dishes. Place the slices of bread on top. Gently push them into the cream a little (they should be soaked with the mushrooms cream in the end). Then top the bread with the slices of cured ham and finish with thin slices of the reblochon cheese.
5) Sprinkle with extra pepper. Place the baking dish(es) in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 20 minutes or until the reblochon cheese has fully melted.
6) Remove the dish(es) from the hot oven and serve.