Try out my classic baba ganoush recipe: a roasted eggplant dip with yogurt!
1) Pierce the eggplant several times with a knife. Wrap it in tinfoil and put it on an oven rack. Roast the eggplant in a preheated oven at 428°F (220°C) for about 45 minutes. Then turn off the heat. Leave the eggplant in the oven for another 30 minutes. Then cut it in half and let it cool. Remove the soft eggplant meat with a spoon. Discard the tougher skins.
2) Then transfer the eggplant meat and the remaining ingredients to the bowl of the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Season with a pinch of pepper, salt and garlic powder.
3) Attach the wire whip and lower the mixer head. Set speed 2 for 2 minutes.
4) After that, set speed 4 for 2 minutes.
5) Set speed 6 for 10 minutes. In the end the eggplant dip should be creamy but still a little chunky. Add extra yogurt if you want it to be less darker in color. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper, salt, sesame oil or lemon juice to taste.
6) Transfer the roasted eggplant dip to a deep plate or bowl. Put it in the fridge for another 5 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with some olive oil, extra chopped mint and pine nuts or sunflower seeds. Serve the baba ganoush cold.