Best French onion soup ever!
1) Attach the transparent Food Processor work bowl to the Cook Processor. Remove the cover.
2) Take the manual adjustable slicing disc and adjust the slicing thickness until you reach the widest thickness.
3) Place the slicing disc in the work bowl. Close the cover, make sure it's locked into place.
4) Turn on the Cook Processor. Press Time and select 5 minutes to slice the onions. Then select Speed 6 and press Start.
5) Fit the food pusher into to feed tube of the bowl cover. Chop the peeled onions in 4 to 6 bits. Insert them into the feed tube. Use the food pusher if necessary, don’t use your fingers! Once you have sliced all the onions, turn off the Cook Processor and remove the bowl with the onions.
6) Attach the bowl of the Cook Processor and place the StirAssist in it. Add the butter, olive oil, garlic, bay leaves and sliced onions. Season with a pinch of pepper.
7) Then close the lid and select STEW P6. Adjust the cooking time to 20 minutes (instead of 60 minutes). Press Start to activate Step 1. After that add the water, bouillon cube and the worcester sauce (optional).
8) Press Start to activate Step 2.
9) Toast the bread in the meantime. Once the program is finished, press cancel to exit the keep warm mode. Remove the bay leaves. Check the seasoning of the soup and add extra pepper or salt to taste. Then scoop the French onion soup into separate bowls.
10) Put a slice of toasted bread on top and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
11) Put the soup bowls in a preheated oven and grill for 2 minutes until the cheese has melted. Then serve the French onion soup piping hot.