Grilled green beans with parmesan cheese!
1) Trim the fresh green beans and add them to a sieve. Rinse the beans well and let them drain a little.
2) In the meantime fill a large pan with some cold tap water, add a dash of salt and place the pan over high heat. Once the water starts to boil, add the trimmed green beans to it.
3) Turn the heat low immediately and let the beans blanch in the hot water for about 4 minutes. Then scoop the green beans out and place them in a bowl filled with ice cold water (preferably with a couple of ice cubes in it if you have any) to stop the cooking process.
4) Let the beans cool in the cold water for 5 minutes. Then drain them and place the beans on a large baking tray.
5) Sprinkle them with the olive oil and the dried thyme or oregano. Season the beans with a little pinch of pepper and salt.
6) Stir the beans to coat them evenly with the olive oil. Then grill them under a hot grill for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the outside starts to blister and blacked a little. Keep an eye on them! Stir halfway through cooking time. Then remove the tray from the grill and let the beans cool a little.
7) Transfer the grilled green beans to a serving plate or bowl and sprinkle them with the handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Also season with extra freshly ground black pepper or salt to taste. Serve the grilled green beans hot.