Green beans and bacon, perfect!
1) Clean and trim the green beans and rinse them thoroughly. Fill a large pan with water and season with some salt. Bring the water to a good boil and then add the green beans.
2) Blanch the green beans for about 4 to 5 minutes. Don’t overcook them, keep the beans crunchy. Then take the pan off the heat and immediately drain the green beans. Refresh them under cold running tap water to stop the cooking process. Let the beans cool a little bit. Then chop them into bite-size bits.
3) Place a dry non-stick pan over medium heat and add the slices of salted bacon as soon as the pan is hot. Don’t add any butter or oil, the fat in the bacon is enough for this salad.
4) Stir and fry the bacon for about 4 minutes until the bacon is cooked thorough. Add the blanched green beans to the pan and stir well.
5) Stir and cook the salad for 4 more minutes. Season with a pinch of pepper and a little salt to taste. Pour in the balsamic vinegar.
6) Stir the green beans and bacon well. Then take the pan off the heat and let the bacon and beans cool a little. Add the freshly chopped red onion to the pan.
7) Stir again. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper and salt to taste if necessary. Transfer the beans and bacon to a serving dish. Sprinkle with extra freshly ground black pepper. Serve the green bean and bacon salad lukewarm.