Crunchy vegetables and lentils in a creamy mustard honey sauce...
1. Pour the canned lentils in a sieve. Then rinse them quickly and let them drain a bit.
2. Peel the carrot and finely dice it together with the celery. Peel and chop the garlic clove. Add the olive oil to a large non-stick pan. Also add the bay leaf, chopped red onion and garlic to it.
3. Place the pan over medium heat until the oil is hot. Stir fry the onion for 2 minutes. Then add the diced celery and carrot. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
4. Stir the vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir regularly. Then stir in the drained lentils.
5. Cook the lentils and vegetables for another 2 minutes. Then take the pan off the heat and add the chopped parsley and half of the dried herbs.
6. Stir and then check the seasoning. Add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Let the lentil salad cool down fully at room temperature and then scoop it in a serving bowl. Don’t put it in the fridge. Combine the cream, honey, Dijon mustard, the remaining dried herbs and a pinch of pepper and salt to taste into a creamy dressing. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt.
7. Drizzle the dressing on top of the lentil salad right before serving.