Next up, my eggless cupcakes with pistachios!
1) Wash the orange well. Then slice it up roughly and add the pieces to a clean blender, the orange peels included. Now blend the orange well into a fine puree. Sift the pastry flour, plain flour, baking soda and baking powder over a large mixing bowl and add the caster sugar.
2) Mix well. Then add the orange puree and the melted butter.
3) Season with a little pinch of salt. Then add the milk and half of the finely chopped pistachio nuts.
4) Mix well to combine all the ingredients. You should end up with a pretty thick batter. Then carefully spoon the cupcake batter in a muffin pan lined with cupcake casings. Sprinkle with the rest of the chopped pistachio nuts.
5) Bake the eggless cupcakes in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for about 50 minutes until set in the middle. Then remove the cupcakes from the hot oven and let them cool down a little. Serve.