Silky smooth... Just the way I like my beetroot soup! This beetroot soup also contains delicious sweet potatoes, balsamic vinegar and crumbled feta cheese!
1. Add the garlic cloves, onion, bay leaves, cloves and sweet potato to the bowl of the Cook Processor fitted with the StirAssist. Add the olive oil as well and select Boil P2. Press Start to activate Step 1.
2. After Step 1, add the diced beetroots (keep a handful aside for garnish if you like), tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and vegetable or chicken stock. Season the ingredients with a good pinch of pepper and salt. Press start to activate Step 2.
3. After the program has finished, remove the bay leaves and replace the StirAssist with the MultiBlade. Press Pulse and blend the ingredients for about 25 seconds or until the soup is very smooth and silky.
4. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper, balsamic vinegar or salt to taste. If you kept some of the beetroot aside earlier on, dice it up into small bits and add it to the hot soup.
5. Stir and let the beetroot soup rest for another 2 minutes. Then scoop the soup into large bowls. Garnish with the sour cream or crumbled feta cheese if using. Serve the soup piping hot with some grilled bread.