My hearty baked apple recipe, light and easy to make! And a great as a side dish for sausages or pork chops.
1. Wash the apples and drain them on a kitchen towel. Don't peel them. Carefully core the apples using a knife, teaspoon, melon baller or apple core remover. Leave the rest of the apple intact and in 1 piece! Place them in a ceramic oven dish.
2. Fill the inside of the apples with the chopped garlic.
3. Add the bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
4. Sprinkle the apples with the olive oil.
5. Season with pepper, salt and the fennel seeds.
6. Bake the apples in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 30 minutes. Remove the apples from the oven and serve them hot.