What I like so much about this baked apple dessert is how light and simple it is, the perfect ending for a healthy lunch or dinner!
1. Slice the apples in half close to the stems, making 2 apple ‘lids’.
2. Then core the apple. You can use an apple corer if you got one or a sharp knife. Make sure the apples stay in one piece.
3. Brush the top of the apples with the lemon juice and place the lids back on them. Place the apples in an oven dish.
4. Place the apples in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 30 minutes. After that let the apples cool down a little. In the meantime roughly crush the nuts and lightly toast them over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes while tossing them regularly.
5. Place the baked lukewarm apples onto dessert plates and top them with a tablespoon of the fresh ricotta. Sprinkle the apples with the toasted nuts, the freshly chopped mint. Drizzle with the honey and serve.