1. Add the almond flour or meal (keep a tablespoon of it aside to coat the cake tin later), sugar, grated coconut, soft butter, almond extract and the eggs to the bowl of the Stand Mixer Mini. Season with a little pinch of salt.
2. Attach the flat beater and tilt the mixer head down.
3. Set speed 4 and mix the batter for 5 minutes.
4. In the meantime butter a small springform cake tin of 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter. Coat the tin with the almond flour you kept aside.
5. Pour in the almond batter. Sprinkle with the shaved almonds.
6. Bake the cake in a preheated at 356°F (180°C) for 45 to 50 minutes.
7. Remove the cake from the hot oven and let it cool down fully at room temperature. Sprinkle the freshly baked cake with icing sugar, cut it and serve.