1) Add the minced meat, the grated ginger, a pinch of garlic powder and a good dash of salt to a large mixing bowl. Knead the mince for a couple of minutes until well combined. Then check the seasoning of the mixed mince and add extra salt to taste if necessary. No need to add pepper: the black pepper sauce will be spicy enough already.
2) Roll the seasoned meat mince into even meatballs.
3) Then steam the meatballs for about 20 minutes. You can use a steamer, a bamboo steamer basket or a pasta pan.
4) While the meatballs are steaming, add the black pepper sauce and 4 tablespoons of water to a large saucepan. Bring it to a light simmer. Then add the steamed meatballs straight to the warm black pepper sauce and put a lid on the pan. Cook the meatballs in the sauce for another 4 minutes.
5) Then scoop the meatballs and black pepper sauce onto plates. Sprinkle the meatballs with freshly chopped mint or cilantro. Serve with rice or noodles.