Watch my video of how I make these simple steamed ginger meatballs in hot black pepper sauce with my fabulous KitchenAid Stand Mixer Mini and my Cook Processor!
1) Add the minced meat, grated ginger and a pinch of garlic powder salt to the bowl of your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Attach the flat beater. Lower the mixer head. Select speed 3. Knead the mince for 3 minutes. Turn the speed off and tilt the motor head up. Then check the seasoning and add extra salt to taste. Remove the flat beater and roll the mince into meatballs.
2) Pour the water in the bowl of the KitchenAid Cook Processor. Place the raw meatballs in the large Steamer Basket and cover with the transparent lid. Place the Steamer Basket on top of the Cook Processor. Select STEAM P1 and adjust the cooking time to 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes. Press Start. Once the program is finished, turn the Cook Processor off and then remove the Steamer Basket: watch out, the steam is very hot! Pour the water that remains in the bowl in a small cup.
3) Rinse the Cook Processor bowl. Place the bowl back on the Cook Processor and add the StirAssist. Add the black pepper sauce and 4 tablespoons of the steamer liquid you kept aside. Add the steamed meatballs and close the lid. Turn the Cook Processor on and select BOIL P1. Then press Start to activate the program. Set the Speed to 2.
4) In the end turn the Cook Processor off and scoop the meatballs and black pepper sauce onto plates. Sprinkle with freshly chopped mint or cilantro. Serve with rice or noodles.
5) Chef’s Tip: you can use a bamboo steamer basket and prepare your black pepper sauce meatballs in a large saucepan if you don’t have a KitchenAid Cook Processor.