Yum, a mug of hot chocolate! Who can say no to this treat?
1) Pour the milk and the cream in a medium saucepan and place it over medium heat until simmering lightly. Don’t let it boil.
2) Once the milk and cream is hot, then add the cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
3) Stir well until the cocoa powder is dissolved fully. Then add 3 tablespoons of the warm cocoa milk to a small cup and add the cornstarch.
4) Whisk well until the starch is dissolved. Check if there are no lumps. Then pour the starch mixture back in the saucepan with the rest of the warm cocoa milk and cream.
5) Stir and add the vanilla extract, the sugar and the Nutella chocolate spread.
6) Stir well. Turn the heat up a little and keep stirring the hot chocolate. Once it is creamy, then check the seasoning and add extra salt or sugar to taste if necessary. Take the hot chocolate off the heat and pour it into mugs. Serve hot with marshmallows if you like.