Perfect spinach gnocchi from scratch!
1) Add the cooked potatoes, spinach and egg to the bowl of your KitchenAid Stand Mixer Mini. Season with a pinch of pepper, salt and nutmeg. Then attach the wire whip and lower the mixer head.
2) Select speed 4. Knead the ingredients for 2 minutes. Then turn the speed off and tilt the mixer head up. Add the flour. Lower the mixer head and select speed 4. Knead the ingredients for 5 minutes. Then turn the speed off and tilt the mixer head up again. Remove the wire whip.
3) Remove the gnocchi dough from the stand mixer bowl, sprinkle with extra flour and knead it gently. Cut it up into small bits. Then roll the gnocchi into balls and shape them into rectangular bits between your fingers. Do this fast because the gnocchi will become too sticky and you’ll have to add more flour that will make them heavier.
4) Bring a large pan of water to a good boil, season with salt and add the gnocchi. Once the gnocchi rise to the surface, they are tender and cooked through. Remove them using a slotted spoon and transfer them onto deep plates.
5) Sprinkle with grated parmesan, olive oil and a dash of freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot.