I can't believe how simple this homemade eggnog from scratch turns out to be... Definitely on my recipe list next week for Christmas!
1. Transfer the egg white to a high cup and beat it until stiff peaks appear.
2. Put this aside until needed later on. Pour the cream in another high cup and whip it for 2 to 3 minutes or until firm.
3. Put this aside until needed later on. Transfer the egg yolk to a mixing bowl and add the sugar.
4. Beat well for 1 minute until the yolk becomes foamy and pale. Then add the vanilla extract and brandy (or whatever booze you're using).
5. Stir again. Then pour in the whole milk. Season with a little pinch of nutmeg and salt.
6. Stir well into a smooth mixture. Then add the whipped cream and beaten egg white.
7. Very gently fold both into the creamy egg mixture. Then check the seasoning and add extra booze, grated nutmeg, salt or vanilla extract to taste if necessary.
8. Chill the eggnog in the fridge. Remove it 10 minutes before serving. Then pour the eggnog into cups or glasses. Top with extra whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Serve.