1) If you don’t have a stand mixer, then I recommend to mash up the mackerel and the rest of the ingredients with a fork because that will make this delicious dip chunkier. If you are looking for a more creamier version however, then you better prepare the mackerel rillettes in a blender.
2) Add all the ingredients to the bowl of the KitchenAid Stand Mixer Mini and season with a pinch of pepper and salt to taste.
3) Attach the flat beater and lower the mixer head.
4) Set speed 3 and mix the ingredients for 2 minutes.
5) Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl.
6) Set speed 4 and mix the ingredients for 3 minutes.
7) Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl.
8) Let the rillettes cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
9) Serve as a sandwich spread or and an appetizer.