Like stuffed peppers? Then check out this stuffed pepper with goat cheese!
1) Slice the tops off the green bell peppers. Clean the bell peppers up on the inside and remove any seeds and whitish stuff that is in it.
2) Place both bell peppers on a piece of tinfoil and lightly sprinkle, brush or spray them with a little olive oil.
3) Place the bell peppers under a warm grill for about 4 to 6 minutes until the skin is slightly blistered. Keep an eye on it to keep the peppers from burning. (You can always remove the blistered bell pepper skin if necessary, it should come off easily after grilling it.) Once the bell pepper is done, let it cool down at room temperature. In the meantime crumble the goat’s cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
4) Slice the black olives open, remove the pips and chop the olive meat up finely. Add it to the goat’s cheese in the bowl.
5) Stir a little. Chop up the salted capers and add them together with the chopped mint and thyme leaves to the bowl.
6) Stir again. Now add the diced fresh tomato and season the goat’s cheese with a little pinch of pepper to taste. Add a tablespoon of olive oil as well.
7) Stir the creamy goat’s cheese mixture well now. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or olive oil is necessary. The soft cheese should be moist but not too wet. You can peel the bell pepper if you like. Then fill both bell peppers up with the goat’s cheese mixture. Place the stuffed peppers onto clean plates, drizzle with extra olive oil and freshly ground pepper and serve.