Orange, vanilla and sage... most surprising flavors for this carrot soup recipe - it really works! Served hot or chilled: your choice!
1) Peel the yellow onion, the carrots, orange and the garlic cloves. Add them to the bowl of the Cook Processor fitted with the MultiBlade. Close the lid and press Pulse for 10 seconds.
2) The vegetables should be roughly chopped up. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the water, the bouillon cube, the fresh sage, the olive oil, the bay leaves and the vanilla bean (slice it in half lengthwise first). Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
3) Close the lid of the bowl and select BOIL P1. Press Start to activate the program.
4) After that, remove the vanilla bean, the bay leaves and the sage. Add the unsalted butter to the soup. Close the lid of the bowl and press Pulse for 20 seconds. Blend the soup until it is silky smooth.
5) Check the seasoning of the carrot soup and add extra pepper and salt to taste if necessary. Scoop the soup into bowls and garnish with the crushed pistachio nuts. If you are serving the soup cold, let it cool down fully in the fridge and serve with the pistachio nuts.