Ripe tomatoes, bread, bell pepper and cream: the perfect leftovers for this quick tomato soup! Ready in 20 minutes...
1. Peel and chop the onion and the garlic cloves. Add them to a large pan together with the bay leaves and the olive oil.
2. Place this over medium-high heat until the oil is hot. Then chop up the fresh tomatoes and the bell pepper. Add it together with the tomato paste to the pan.
3. Stir again. Dice the bread up roughly and add it to the pan together with the stock. Season with a good dash of pepper.
4. Stir the soup well and bring it to a rolling boil. Cook the soup for 6 to 8 minutes. Keep it to a good boil. Then take the pan off the heat, remove the bay leaves and blend or mix the soup until very smooth.
5. Stir in the cream.
6. Also add the freshly chopped mint and blend again.
7. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Scoop the hot soup into large bowls and serve piping hot.