Enjoy this gluten free summer salad!
1) Pour the quinoa in a sieve and rinse it.
2) Pour the chicken or vegetable stock (or water) in a large saucepan and place it over medium-high heat until boiling. Then add the quinoa.
3) Lower the heat, cover the pan and let the quinoa absorb the water for 10 to 12 minutes.
4) Once the quinoa is tender, put it straight away in the fridge to cool. In the meantime trim and clean the green beans. Also add them to a pan with salted boiling water and blanch them for a couple of minutes until al dente but not mushy.
5) Drain the blanched green beans and immediately refresh them under cold running tap water to stop the cooking process. Then chop the green beans into bite-size pieces. Slice the hard-boiled eggs. Drain the canned tuna and flake it with a fork. Combine the olive oil, the white wine vinegar or lemon juice, the garlic paste and the black olive tapenade (or chopped black olives, optional) in a small cup.
6) Add the cooled quinoa, chopped cherry tomatoes and chopped green beans to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil mixture. Season with a little pepper and salt to taste also.
7) Stir the salad and add the flaked tuna. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Then transfer the quinoa salad onto plates. Garnish with the sliced hard-boiled eggs, the anchovy fillets (and extra black olives if you like). Serve the quinoa salad at room temperature.