A bowlful of al dente cooked pasta topped with my chunky spicy chorizo ragu sauce, a savory spaghetti sauce with a smoky twist!
1. Peel and chop the garlic and the onion. Add them to a high pan together with the bay leaves and a good splash of olive oil.
2. Place the pan over medium heat and then gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. In the meantime peel the carrot and chop it up into tiny bits. You can also blend the carrot, much faster. Then add the carrot and the fresh sage to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt.
3. Stir and gently fry the the ingredients for another 5 minutes. Peel the dried chorizo sausage, slice it up and then dice it very finely. Then add it to the pan together with the dried herbs and the dried chili pepper.
4. Stir and add the pureed tomatoes and the tomato paste. Pour in a cup (240 ml) of water as well.
5. Stir all the ingredients very well. Then put a lid on the pan. Bring the sauce to a good boil, cook it for 15 minutes and then turn the heat low. Simmer the tomato sauce for an hour. After that, add the black olives, the capers and the freshly chopped parsley.
6. Stir and then check the seasoning. Add extra salt to taste if necessary. Add more water if you find the sauce too thick.
7. Simmer the sauce for another 5 minutes, then take it off the heat. Serve with al dente cooked pasta.