1. Transfer the self-raising flour and cold butter to a clean blender. Then pulse until you get a fine mix. Add 1 egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of cream, a tablespoon of the caster sugar and a pinch of salt.
2. Pulse again until you get a firm yellow dough. It shouldn't be sticky.
3. Then transfer the dough to a clean surface and knead it for a minute. Wrap the dough up in cling film and let it rest at room temperature for 45 minutes.
4. Knead it again and then roll out the dough thinly. Coat a buttered tart tin (8-inch or 20 cm in diameter) with it. Remove any excess dough.
5. Combine the ground nutmeg, the rest of the cream, the 2 remaining eggs and caster sugar in a mixing bowl. Then pour this mixture in the coated tart tin.
6. Bake the eggnog pie for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 437°F (225°C). Turn off the oven but leave the pie inside for another hour. Place a piece of tinfoil on top to prevent the top from burning. Remove the pie and let it cool. You can top it with whipped cream if you like. Then slice the pie up and serve.