My delicious chewy chocolate cookies: irresistible soft chocolate goodies... And what a great homemade yummy gift idea as well!
1) Add the soft unsalted butter and caster sugar to a clean blender.
2) Pulse into a smooth mixture for 30 seconds. Then add 3,5 oz (100 g) of the dark chocolate chunks.
3) Pulse again. Add the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together with a pinch of salt.
4) Blend again. Then add the cocoa and the egg.
5) Pulse into a very firm and thick chocolate cookie dough.
6) Transfer it onto a clean surface and knead it for a minute.
7) Then roll it out until about ⅓ inch (8 mm) thickness. If the dough sticks too much, put it in the fridge for a couple of minutes to chill. Cut out cookies using whatever shape you want. Mine were about bite-size.
8) Transfer the cookies onto a piece of baking paper.
9) Bake the chocolate cookies in a preheated oven at 359°F (180°C) for 15 minutes. After that let the baked cookies cool fully at room temperature. Then add the rest of the dark chocolate chunks to a small saucepan.
10) Place it over medium-low heat and gently melt the chocolate.
11) Drizzle the melted chocolate with a spoon over the cookies.
12) Put them in the fridge to dry. Serve.