A hearty and chunky hamburger soup with beef, tomatoes, fresh vegetables and wheat berries...
1) Pour some olive oil in a high non-stick pan and place it over medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic and onion.
2) Cook for 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften. Add the beef mince, taco seasoning and some pepper and salt.
3) Stir well and bake the mince for 7 to 10 minutes until it is cooked through. Break up any large bits. Add the canned tomatoes and bay leaves. Also pour in the chicken stock.
4) Then bring the soup to a boil and simmer it for 10 minutes. In the meantime peel the carrot and dice it finely. Also chop the celery, tomato and green beans. Add the vegetables to the hamburger soup.
5) Stir and cook for 30 minutes. Then add the pre cooked wheat (or pasta).
6) Cook the hamburger soup for another 5 minutes until the wheat or pasta is warmed through. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste. Remove the bay leaves. Scoop the hamburger soup into bowls. Serve piping hot.