A juicy ginger beef steak, perfectly cooked and topped with crunchy fried ginger! Serve it with cooked rice or a good handful of sizzling golden fries...
1) Combine the dark and medium soy sauce and the sesame oil. Pour this mixture on top of the steaks and then marinate them for 1 to 2 hours.
2) Heat a little sunflower oil in a non-stick pan over high heat. Sear the marinated steaks on all sides. Turn the heat lower and cook the steaks the way you prefer.
3) Then transfer them onto a plate and let them rest under tinfoil until needed.
4) In the same hot pan stir fry the chopped garlic, chili flakes and half of the sliced ginger for 2 minutes. Add extra sunflower oil if necessary.
5) Add the remaining steak marinade and a few drops of water. Then check the seasoning. Add some soy sauce to taste if necessary.
6) Turn the heat low and simmer for another 2 minutes. Heat some sunflower oil in another pan and gently fry the rest of the sliced ginger until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon.
7) Then put the cooked ginger steaks onto clean plates. Top with the ginger sauce and finish with the crispy fried ginger on top.