1. Clean the livers. Trim and remove any fat and sinew. Then let the cleaned livers soak in a large bowl filled with cold water for at least 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime pour the cream in a small saucepan. Also add the rosemary and a tablespoon of butter. Season with some pepper and salt.
3. Bring the cream to a gentle boil, then simmer for 5 minutes until the butter has melted and turn the heat off again. Let the butter, cream and rosemary infuse while cooling down. Add another tablespoon of butter to a large pan and add the chopped garlic and shallot. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Then add the soaked and drained chicken livers.
4. Bake the livers for 5 minutes until cooked through. Stir regularly. Take the pan off the heat and let the livers cool down. Then transfer them to a clean blender.
5. Pulse into a thick paste. Gradually add the infused cream and butter (discard the rosemary first).
6. Blend until you get a smooth pate. Add half of the juniper berries. Check the seasoning and add pepper and salt to taste. Blend one last time. Then transfer the pate to a ceramic dish.
7. Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan and add the remaining (crushed) juniper berries. I also added some of the cooked rosemary leaves. Once the butter has fully melted, pour this over the chicken pate.
8. Store the pate in the fridge for 2 to 4 days before serving.