Yum, this chocolate tart recipe is delicious! A creamy chocolate filling in a perfect pastry crust. What a great dessert...
1) Add the pastry flour together with a pinch of salt and the caster sugar to a blender. Then add the soft butter.
2) Pulse a few times into a fine flour mix. Then add the warm milk and pulse again until a smooth and rather sticky dough comes together.
3) Then put the dough onto a clean and floured surface and knead it a few minutes. Wrap it in cling film and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. Roll the dough out and coat a tart tin with it. Then prick the bottom with a fork.
4) Put a sheet of baking paper on the dough and fill it with baking beans.
5) Blind bake the shell in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 10 minutes. Remove the tin, remove the baking paper and beans. Let the dough cool a bit. Break the dark chocolate up into small pieces and add them to a glass bowl. Then add 2 tablespoons of water and the browns sugar. Gently melt the chocolate over a pan of gently boiling water (bain marie).
6) Add the beaten eggs, the cream and the rum (optional).
7) Remove the bowl from the pan of boiling water. Beat the chocolate batter well. Gently pour the chocolate filling in the pre-baked tart shell.
8) Bake the chocolate tart in the hot oven at 356°F (180°C) for 30 minutes. Then let it cool for a few minutes in its tin at room temperature. Brush the top with the cane syrup.
9) Sprinkle with shaved chocolate if you prefer. Serve lukewarm.