Here's a super creamy homemade sin free chicken liver parfait! What a delicious spread...
1. Clean the livers. Trim and remove any fat and sinew. Then let the cleaned livers soak in a large bowl filled with cold water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Then transfer the soaked livers onto some kitchen paper and let them drain for 5 minutes. Place the livers on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Add the sliced onion and the whole peeled garlic clove to the livers. Season well with pepper and salt.
3. Place the baking tray with the livers in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) and bake the livers for 30 minutes until cooked through. Once the livers are cooked, remove the tray and let them cool for 10 minutes. In the meantime add the milk and rosemary leaves to small saucepan. Season with some pepper, nutmeg and salt.
4. Boil the milk gently for 5 minutes. Then turn the heat off and let the cream and rosemary infuse while cooling down. Then transfer the cooked livers to a clean blender.
5. Process into a thick paste. Gradually add the infused milk (discard the rosemary leaves first by straining it).
6. Blend until you get a smooth pate. Then check the seasoning and add pepper, nutmeg or salt to taste. Blend one last time. You can push the pate through a sieve if you like (optional).
7. Then transfer the pate to a ceramic dish or small ramekins. Place the pate I the fridge for now. In the meantime soak the gelatine in some cold water for 5 minutes. Add the apple juice and fresh ginger to a saucepan and place this over medium-high heat until boiling. Let the apple juice reduce by half. Then remove the ginger and stir in the gelatine.
8. Take the pan off the heat and let the apple juice cool for 2 minutes. Then gently pour it over the cooled chicken liver pate. Store the pate in the fridge for at least 24 hours before serving.