A hearty and chunky hamburger soup with beef, tomatoes, fresh vegetables and wheat berries...
1) Pour a little olive oil in a non-stick pan and place it over medium-high heat. Then add the chopped onion and garlic.
2) Quickly stir fry them for a few minutes until a little soft. Then add the beef mince.
3) Fry the beef until it is cooked through. Break up any large lumps.
4) Once the beef is cooked, add it to the crock pot (you can drain off any grease if you want). Also add the remaining chopped vegetables, canned tomatoes, chicken stock, worcester sauce (or soy sauce), taco seasoning and bay leaves. Season with some pepper and salt.
5) Then cook the hamburger soup on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours.
6) Once the hamburger soup is ready, then add the wheat or cooked pasta and let the soup rest for another 5 minutes until the wheat or pasta is warmed through. Then check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste. Remove the bay leaves. Scoop the hamburger soup into bowls. Serve piping hot.