1) Rinse the yellow and green zucchini and trim off the ends. Then slice the zucchini into thin slivers.
2) Place the zucchini slices on a large baking tray and sprinkle them with pepper, salt, the garlic powder and the grated parmesan cheese.
3) Slice the tomatoes as well. Keep the hats! Then make colorful towers alternately mixing slices of yellow zucchini, green zucchini and tomato. Don’t make the towers too high. You should end up with about 6 to 8 towers in total, depending on how many people you intend to serve.
4) Then place the finished towers in a baking dish. No need to sprinkle with olive oil. We’ll keep this vegetable side dish very natural and crunchy.
5) Place the baking dish with the zucchini towers in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 45 minutes. Then turn the oven off but leave the zucchini in the hot oven for another 30 minutes. Then remove the baking dish and carefully transfer the towers to a serving dish or plate. Top the towers with the tomato hats and serve warm.