My silky smooth beetroot dip: a tasty homemade beet dip, perfect as an appetizer dip or sandwich spread!
1. Peel the beetroot if that hasn’t been done yet. Then dice the beetroot up into small chunks. Add them all to a clean blender.
2. Pulse a couple of times into a rough mixture. Then add the drained canned chickpeas to the blended beetroot.
3. Pulse well again until you get a very soft and smooth reddish paste. Add the fresh rosemary leaves and the olive oil.
4. Blend the dip well now for 25 to 30 seconds so that all the fresh rosemary leaves are chopped up finely. Then pour in the balsamic vinegar and season the dip with a little pinch of pepper and salt. Be careful not to overseason it!
5. Pulse well again. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper, salt or balsamic vinegar to taste if necessary. You can also add extra olive oil if you want the dip to be a little thicker. Add as much as you like until you get the texture you want. Then scoop the beetroot spread in a clean bowl and serve.